At Alpha Card CVBA and Alpha Card Merchant Services CVBA (Alpha Card Group), we are committed to safeguarding your privacy. We want to inform you on how we collect, use, share, and keep your Personal information.
This online recruitment privacy statement describes how Alpha Card Group processes your personal information during the selection and recruitment process, as applicable.
From time to time, we will change this online recruitment privacy statement. We recommend that you check the current version available here. If we make changes to this statement, we will update the “Effective Date” at the top of the page.
What is in this online recruitment privacy statement?
What Personal information does this online recruitment privacy statement cover?
This online recruitment privacy statement describes how we (and our Service Providers) collect, use, share, and keep personal information that we get about you online. We gather Online Information if you:
- Visit, use or apply on our recruitment sites or other platforms, such as social media platforms, that link to the Alpha Card Group recruitment sites; or
- Receive or reply to electronic communications from us.
What Personal information do we collect and how do we collect it?
Generally, you provide your personal information directly to us (or to our Service Providers). For example, you provide us with your name, email, mailing address, phone number, or date of birth when you:
- register for job notifications;
- create a profile by submitting your CV/resume; or
- apply for a job.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
We (and our Service Providers) collect information through Cookies and Similar Technologies. Most Cookies and Similar Technologieswill only collect Anonymized Information such as how you arrive at our website or your general location. However, certain Cookies and Similar Technologiesdo collect Personal Information.
We (and our Service Providers) may collect information using Cookies and Similar Technologies about:
- the device you use to browse our sites (for example, we may collect information about the operating system or the browser version and the type of computer or mobile device);
- the IP Address and related information (such as domain information, your internet provider and general geographic location);
- browsing history on our site (such as what you search for, the pages you view, how long you stay, and how often you come back); and
- how you search for our site, from which sites you link to our site.
For more information about Cookies and Similar Technologies, please read About Cookies.
We (and our Service Providers) may also collect information made publicly available through third-party platforms (such as online social media platforms), through online databases or directories, or that is otherwise legitimately obtained.
How do we use the Personal Information we collect about you?
We use the Personal Information you provide to us and, possibly, Online Information we collect about you, to follow up on your request to (i) register for job notifications; (ii) create a profile by submitting your CV/resume; or (iii) apply for a job. More specifically, we use your information to do the following:
- if you register for notifications, we may contact you with notifications and announcements about new jobs at Alpha Card Group;
- if you submit your resume:
– we may hold your resume and related personal information on file in accordance with our record retention schedule; and
– review your online candidate profile from time to time to consider you for relevant job opportunities at Alpha Card Group;
- to conduct research and analysis, including to better understand our job applicants and site visitors;
- to support our background screening process if you apply for employment and are subsequently offered a position, subject to applicable law and where appropriate (we will provide you with additional information before we do such a screening); and
- in other ways as required by law such as to verify your employment eligibility.
Please note that if you choose to provide us with your e-mail address or your mobile number, we will only use these to send you e-mails and/or SMS alerts about your recruitment enquiry, job application, to request additional details about your resume/CV, and send you job alerts, where you have enrolled in this service. If we send you emails, we will collect information about your interaction with our e-mail content, such as whether you can read graphic-rich html e-mails.
How do we share your Personal Information?
We will share your personal information only with your consent or as required or permitted by applicable law, such as:
- with regulatory authorities, courts, and governmental agencies to comply with legal orders, legal or regulatory requirements, and government requests;
- with our Service Providers, regulatory authorities, law enforcement and governmental agencies to detect and prevent fraud or criminal activity, and to protect the rights of American Express or others;
- within the American Express Family of Companies; and
- with our Service Providers who perform services for us and help us operate our business, including our recruitment processes.
We may transfer your personal information outside Belgium or European Economic Area (EEA), such as to the United States (where our main operational data centers are located) to companies within the American Express Family of Companies or to our Service Providers throughout the world, for example, to search for suitable positions or to process your application. Regardless of where we process your information, we will take appropriate steps to ensure an adequate level of protection for your information in other countries outside Belgium or EEA, including the United States, where data protection laws may not be as comprehensive as in Belgium or EEA.
Please note that data transfers within the American Express Family of Companies are made under our Binding Corporate Rules. For more information, please read the Data Protection and Privacy Principles, which are available on the privacy section of our website.
How do we handle Aggregated and Anonymized information?
Aggregated Information of Anonymized Information does not identify you individually; it helps us to analyze patterns among groups of people. We share Aggregate Information or Anonymized Information for the same reasons as we might share Personal Information.
How do we keep and safeguard your Personal information?
We use organizational, administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect your Personal Information. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and facilities. We require Service Providers to safeguard Personal Information and only use your Personal Information for the purposes we specify.
We will keep your personal information only as long as we need to follow up on your request to register for job notifications, process your application or inform you about future opportunities, unless we are required by law or regulation or for litigation and regulatory investigations to keep it. When your Personal Information is no longer necessary for our business, legal or regulatory needs, we will take reasonable steps to securely destroy such information or permanently de-identify it. For more information about American Express’ retention periods for personal information, please contact us.
What are your rights?
You have the right to access, update, and/or erase your personal information. You are also entitled to restrict and/or object to the use of your Personal Information in the following ways:
- withdraw your request to be considered for job notifications or job applications at any time;
- request us to update any incorrect Personal information
- restrict and/or object to the use of your Personal Information; and
- request a copy of the Personal Information we have about you.
Please note that if you decide to restrict and/or object to the processing of your personal information for recruitment purposes or if you withdraw your job application, we will not be able to further process your application or consider you for future opportunities at American Express.
If you want to exercise any of your rights or if you have any questions about how we process your personal information, please contact us.
Do you have questions about this online recruitment privacy statementor want to make a complaint?
If you wish to make a complaint or exercise other rights, you may contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right to contact the Belgian Data Protection Authority directly at www.privacycommision.be
Aggregated Information – data or information relating to multiple people which has been combined or aggregated such that individuals cannot be re-identified. Aggregated Information includes information that we create or compile from various sources, including certain data from Cookies and Similar Technologies.
Alpha Card CVBA and Alpha Card Merchant Services CVBA (Alpha Card Group, we, our, us) - The company Alpha Card and Alpha Card Merchant Services as identified at the beginning of this online recruitment privacy statement.
American Express Family of Companies – any affiliate and subsidiary of, and any company owned or controlled by, the American Express Company.
Anonymized Information – data or information used in a way (for example, pseudonymised) that does not identify you to a third party. We often derive anonymized Information from Personal Information. It includes information that we may collect from Cookies and Similar Technologies.
IP Address – a number assigned to a device when connecting to the Internet.
Online Information – data or information collected on the American Express sites and applications as well as on sites and applications of third parties relating to topics about our business, which may include Personal Information, Aggregated Information and De-Identified Information.
Personal Information – information that relates to an identified or identifiable natural person, such as name, address, telephone number, email address, previous employment history and other information associated with that individual such as demographic details.
Service Providers – any vendor, third party and/or company that performs business operations on our behalf, such as recruitment, printing, mailing, and other communications services (email, direct mail, etc.), data processing, and outsourced technology, auditors, consultants and professional advisors.