Senior Manager, Product & Partnerships
Financial Environment - American Express
This is a critical role with responsibility for defining and executing the strategy for the consumer card portfolio in Belgium and Luxembourg (both proprietary and co-brand).
The Senior Manager, Product & Partnerships will drive substantial change and deliver key projects to enable the business in the short term, while also establishing strategies to drive profitable growth through relevant customer benefits, membership rewards and/or enhanced product functionality in the medium and long term. This presents an exciting and unique opportunity for a seasoned and respected people leader, with broad marketing and project management experience, to evolve an organization and set the pace for growth.
- Manage the consumer product portfolio for Belgium and Luxembourg including ownership of financials / metrics and strategy development to build long-term sustainable business growth
- Deliver on revenue and marginal contribution targets through product management – refresh, migration and cost management
- Drive profitable growth through continued Product Line Strategy development - customer segmentation, acquisition, organic spend and attrition targets
- Continued improvement in Net Promoter Scores through benefits, enhanced customer experience and events
- Act as customer champion – simplify product structures by customer need
- Own and oversee key business relationships with internal and external partners such as providers of travel & lifestyle services, International benefits, insurance, external sales agencies, central product teams, benefit partners, creative agencies etc.
- Appropriately prioritise and respond quickly to unexpected portfolio requirements and Cardmember issues which may arise day to day
- Overall, ensure clear prioritization of all activities according to business goals, flawless delivery of projects and initiatives (on time and on budget), as well as flexible and scalable execution
- Lead, develop and motivate cross-market team of product managers and marketing professionals
- MBA or equivalent work experience preferred
- Proven success in product management, marketing and communications
- Strong commercial and financial acumen – demonstrated superior understanding of card economics, finance concepts, and business analytics
- Analytical mindset – ability to analyse data to determine an effective strategy for growing the engagement of the customer base, and ability to prioritise activities to maximize the customer experience and shareholder returns
- Innovative approach to problem solving to drive differentiation in products, services and capabilities, and create compelling experiences for customers to deepen engagement
- Builds and Leverages Relationships – ability to work across teams in the design and implementation of product benefits and services.
- Drives Results – ability to manage simultaneous work streams with a close attention to detail; maintain an expert understanding of the performance of products and customer segments
- Flexibility, and ability to deal with ambiguity and rapid change
- Dutch - French - English – Experienced (written & oral)
MS Office - Experienced
Proprietary IT platforms
Job specific IT systems
What we offer
- A career in a growth environment, supported by our major shareholder: American Express
- A friendly working environment within the financial sector.
- An attractive remuneration package with fringe benefits.
- An ambitious and dynamic team that invests in growth, development and expansion.
- We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative.
- A career with variety, room for ideas and initiative.