Senior Manager Acquisitions
Financial Environment - American Express
The Acquisition team is responsible for recruiting new American Express Cardmembers, and as such is a critical driver of growth for American Express in Belgium and Luxembourg. Success is built on integrated, results-driven execution, a focus on ongoing and robust innovation, and a strong team.
The Senior Manager, Acquisition will be responsible for driving acquisition through existing and new distribution partnerships, and high impact multi-channel campaigns, with a focus on digital channels to acquire new, high spending card members, efficiently at scale and working across all digital channels and products. The candidate will need to develop robust strategies, integrated campaign ideas, and identify innovation levers to capitalise on ongoing and disruptive growth opportunities.
With challenging goals to achieve, the candidate will also focus on effective planning and prioritisation, efficient budget and resource allocation, flawless and compliant execution, and integrated tracking and reporting. Relationship competencies are key to build strong distribution partnerships, and successfully coordinate top creative and digital agencies, vendors and external partners, as well as to forge strong partnerships with internal stakeholders in brand, product, risk, analytics, legal, compliance and central digital teams.
The key responsibilities include :
- End to end responsibility throughout the acquisition journey from prospecting strategies over channel integration to on-site experience
- Driving and scoping distribution opportunities for American Express card products.
- Innovating to identify opportunities to drive conversion or new routes to market (PR / content, lead generation etc.)
- Deep understanding of the core digital channels (Display, Paid Search, Social, Affiliates, SEO, Website and eApplication) and curiosity to keep connected to the latest developments across these areas in the marketplace.
- Development and ownership of acquisition strategies, plans, execution and tracking/optimisation across products. Successful delivery against acquisition metrics and challenging growth targets.
- Ongoing prioritised and solid, test & learn pipeline of initiatives to drive innovation and maximise efficiency gains, establish new channels, and secure future growth.
- Thought leadership on digital strategies beyond acquisition to drive innovation and digitisation of the business further.
- Establish and own strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and partners.
- Leadership and development of 2 marketing executives, attracting and developing top talent.
- Multiple years of solid experience in online consumer finance marketing with an in-depth understanding of digital acquisition channels and other digital technologies, campaign development and integrated execution.
- Innovation, creativity and thought leadership with a focus on driving results and a track record of successful project management and delivery.
- Outstanding communication, networking and influencing skills. Proven ability to forge strong relationships in a complex matrix organisation with stakeholders across internal teams and external partners.
- Excellent analytical skills and financial acumen, in-depth understanding of card economics and financial concepts to drive ROI-based decision making process.
- Seasoned people leader with proven ability to manage, motivate and develop a high performing team and attract top digital talent.
- Ability to work in a challenging and fast paced environment, delivering flawless execution, with enthusiasm and a good sense of humour. Deal with ambiguous tasks and a constantly changing environment.
- The function requires a knowledge that is at least equivalent to a Bachelor degree (or equivalent experience)
- The candidate will have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in leadership and team management as well as proven coaching skills.
- The successful candidate should bring substantial, multi-year experience in digital marketing, excellent leadership and communication skills, and strong experience in partner/stakeholder management in a complex matrix environment
- Dutch - French - English – Experienced (written & oral)
- Strong analytical and strategic think
- Ability to translate data into information and actions
- MS Office - Experienced
- Proprietary IT platforms
- Job specific IT systems
What we offer
- A career in a growth environment, supported by our major shareholder: American Express
- A friendly working environment within the financial sector.
- An attractive remuneration package with fringe benefits.
- An ambitious and dynamic team that invests in growth, development and expansion.
- We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative.
- A career with variety, room for ideas and initiative.