Customer Care Professional Mission of 12 month
American Express Brussels - Watermael-Boitsfort Full Time - Contract of 12 months
The Customer Care Professional has a good understanding of our products and services for the specific area he/she works in.
He/she needs to be experienced in a usage of our main frame customer databases and needs to understand all product features and benefits.
The candidate will support 2 departments : Maintenance & Card Benefits AND
Corporate & BTA
Maintenance & Card Benefits :
Corporate & BTA :
- Handling internal and external customer and partner queries submitted by letter, email and mainframe customer databases and providing advise in a customer focused manner.
- Handling all administration with regards to maintenance of the customer profiles and setup.
- Ensuring that all customer contacts and requested changes to the profiles are documented in a complete and accurate way.
- Handling questions and administration with regard to the loyalty programme.
- Working within existing policies and procedures.
- Recognizing when to escalate and ask for support from team leader or senior colleague.
- Supporting on-boarding of new colleagues by explaining the details of the job in a clear and accurate way.
- Working in a disciplined way with a high level of accuracy.
- Be trusted to respect confidentiality with regard to all customer data.
He/She works under the supervision of a team leader.
Ensuring customer satisfaction, by delivery excellent service to our internal and external customers including corporate contact persons and travel agencies.
Handling all queries from internal and external customers including corporate customers (program administrators) and travel agencies using the BTA product.
Maintenance of the customer profile and all administration around it including card applications.
Controlling outstanding credit balances on corporate accounts.
Handling debt collection on BTA accounts and control/review credit worthiness in line with risk procedure.
Ensure correct reporting is produced and reworked for operational purposes.
Investigating payments to ensure they get allocated to the right accounts to be processed in a correct way.
Understanding and working with basic instructions, information and procedures required in order to perform the job.
Explaining the details of the job in a clear, concise and accurate way to support new hires on materials available.
Respecting confidentiality with regards to all data.
- few or no precedent product knowledge is required, the function can be executed autonomously within a well-defined framework of policies and procedures with a minimum level of experience and education complemented with internal training.
- understand and correctly interpret known data within well-defined procedures.
- execute the tasks in a systematic way within a clear task description.
- transfer own knowledge and transfer way of working in a formal and informal way.
- answer correctly and in a structured way all received questions from customers and partners according to set rules and procedures. Able to correctly report on data and incidents.
- treat others fair, respect confidentiality and approach others in an honest way.
- able to adapt and change priorities.
- The function requires a knowledge that is at least equivalent to a secundary degree (or equivalent experience).
- Dutch - French - English : Experienced (written & oral)
- MS Office - Experienced
- Proprietary IT platforms
- Job specific IT systems
What we offer
- A job in a growth environment : American Express
- A friendly working environment within the financial sector.
- An attractive remuneration package with fringe benefits.
- An ambitious and dynamic team that invests in growth, development and expansion.
- We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative.
- A career with variety, room for ideas and initiative.