Credit Risk Analyst – Special Care Corporate Clients
1170 Brussels - Watermael-Boitsfort
The Credit Risk Analyst – Special Care Corporate Clients is responsible for:
- Monitoring the quality of the credit portfolio by:
- Reviewing international and domestic corporate customers requiring special attention due to their high risk profile on a periodical basis.
- Analyzing incoming alerts to ascertain if the file alert warrants specific action to align the risk for ACG with the creditworthiness of the customer.
- Propose and successfully implement remediation proposals for customers that were identified by the Credit Committee as high risk profiles to bring the risk back to a level acceptable by the risk framework.
- Mastering thorough knowledge and expertise with regard to credit systems used at ACG and general principles for analyzing the creditworthiness of customers.
- Performing research and analysis, review historical data and evaluate the past billing and payment history of assigned corporate customers. The collected information will enable Alpha Card Group to make sound decisions, protecting profitability, whilst maintaining a professional working relationship with the customers concerned.
- Monitoring assigned customer profiles, analyze their spending and payment behavior. Analyze problems which arise and propose possible approaches and solutions, including measures to protect Alpha Card from potential losses.
- Take decisions on actions for assigned customers within the granted delegation level for decision making, based on the underwriting credit tool results.
- Ensuring, for identified high risk customers, the consistency and accuracy of the customer account set-up, the appropriate customer account hierarchy for multi-entity corporate groups and a correct implementation of approved restructuring / remediation measures.
- The account management for the customers in special care, including commercial and operational management such as handling new requests and limit reviews.
- Monitoring incoming corporate alerts and investigate if the alerts warrant specific actions.
- Managing and monitor the corporate customer periodic review schedule.
- Ensuring the documentation required is completed in line with the credit policy governance.
- Preparing activity based and credit performance related reporting
- Contribute to the development of solid and robust working practices and procedures by suggesting improvements and modifications where applicable based on own experience.
- Liaising with the Credit Portfolio Manager, the Chief Risk Officer, the B2B sales function and Legal in order to support decision making based on the evaluation of proposed actions to be taken for accounts that have to be restructured.
Education and learning time
The function requires a knowledge that is at least equivalent to a Bachelor degree (or equivalent experience in credit and/or financial analysis and customer relationship management) with 2 years of relevant experience.
Dutch – Experienced (written & oral)
French – Experience (written & oral)
English – Experience (written & oral)
MS Office - Experienced
Proprietary IT platforms
Job specific IT systems
What we offer
A contract in a growth environment, supported by two major shareholders: American Express and BNP Paribas Fortis. A friendly working environment within the financial sector. An attractive remuneration package with fringe benefits. An ambitious and dynamic team that invests in growth, development and expansion. We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. A career with variety, room for ideas and initiative