Job descriptionWorking in a financial international environment as a company lawyer, you will support all Business lines in Belgium with a variety of legal activities, to support the company in safeguarding the business interests and ensure compliancy with laws and regulations :
- providing legal advice and support in connection with the business activities and affairs of the Company;
- representation of the Company (or oversight of external counsel) in legal proceedings;
- drafting and reviewing of legal documents and contracts, legal assistance with contract negotiations;
- identifying and providing legal interpretation on material new laws, or material changes in laws, which impact the business activities and affairs of the Company;
- engagement and management of external counsel as appropriate;
- Deep understanding of applicable EU and Belgian law relating to payment services, consumer credit and consumer protection and financial services generally.
- Familiarity with banking and insurance laws, data protection law, anti-money laundering law, laws affecting travel services, competition law, agency and distribution law, corporate and commercial law and general contract law.
- Contract negotiating and drafting (translating business into legal language)
- Excellent communication skills and good team player
- Familiar with project management
- MS Office - Experienced
- Proprietary IT platforms
- Job specific IT systems
- The function requires a knowledge that is at least equivalent to a master degree (or equivalent experience) with +5 years of distinguished practice experience in Belgium.
- Dutch - Experienced (written & oral)
- French - Experienced (written & oral)
- English - Experienced (written & oral)
What we offer
- A career in a growth environment, supported by our major shareholder: American Express
- A friendly working environment within the financial sector.
- An attractive remuneration package with fringe benefits.
- An ambitious and dynamic team that invests in growth, development and expansion.
- We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative.
- A career with variety, room for ideas and initiative.