Authorisation & fraud prevention analyst (24h/24h)
The Authorisations & Fraud Prevention Analyst works in a 24/7 shift regime and focuses on following main objectives:
He/she is also responsible for:
- Analysing and processing of fraud referrals and contact customers when necessary to verify suspicious transactions on their Amex accounts / cards with the objective to prevent fraud and to timely block Amex accounts / cards to prevent additional fraud.
- Timely communicate key information with regard to the methods, causes and patterns obtained from the analysis of the fraud referrals to the Manager and the Fraud & Disputes team with the aim to suggest improvements to the fraud detection and prevention rules.
- Grant authorisation to merchants for processing specific transactions by performing correct credit analysis (mainly out of office hours – OOOH) and by correctly interpreting the client information, taking into account the Credit & Risk rules and parameters as stipulated by Amex.
- Answering OOOH Customer Service calls for card members and merchants by replying to questions, handling problems and by providing following up when necessary.
- Send the necessary documents to internal and external customers upon starting a fraud case.
- Daily follow up of open fraud prevention cases in the worklist, aiming for an optimal processing.
- Creating and sending Emergency Cards for and to card members in Belgium and abroad.
- Follow up, process and answer questions of internal and external customers.
- Answer to internal and external calls that relate to the main objectives.
- Execute specific tasks and changes to customer files for which only the team possesses the required expertise and access rights to the systems.
- Possess preceding knowledge and experience of the products, services and procedures within the own domain and execute a number of well-defined tasks instructed and supervised by a manager
- Ability to autonomously process data out of one specific sub-discipline and look for pattern and cause /effect
- Act on own initiative within well-defined guidelines and procedures and be able to propose normal improvements under supervision of a manager
- Transfer own knowledge and best working practices in a formal and informal way to the colleagues and the team
- Answer correctly and in a structured way more complex questions from internal and external customers according to set rules and procedures with a view to provide accurate solutions. Able to correctly report on data and incidents
- Treat others fairly, respect confidentiality and approach others in an honest way
- Dispose of the required maturity and flexibility to obtain a balanced work planning and optimal customer service in a 24/7 operational environment
Dutch - Experienced (oral & written)
English - Experienced (oral & written)
French - Experienced (oral & written)
MS Office - Experienced
What we offer