If you would take a job in our organisation, your contract will be with one of the 2 legal entities we recruit for:
- Alpha Card: a joint venture between American Express and Fortis established in 1998. Alpha Card is licensed by American Express to issue American Express consumer and commercial payment products in Belgium and Luxembourg.
- Alpha Card Merchant Services: a subsidiary of Alpha Card. Alpha Card Merchant Services was established in 2001 and is licensed by American Express to acquire and maintain service establishments (merchants) in Belgium and Luxembourg.
Each legal entity provides the following payment services:
- Execution of payment transactions, including transfers of funds on a payment account with the user’s payment service provider or with another payment service provider;
- Execution of payment transactions where the funds are covered by a credit line for a payment service user (service not provided by American Express Merchant Services) ;
- Issuing and/or acquiring of payment instruments; and
- Execution of payment transactions where the consent of the payer to execute a payment transaction is given by means of any telecommunication, digital or IT device and the payment is made to the telecommunication, IT system or network operator, acting only as an intermediary between the payment service user and the supplier of the goods and services.
To provide these services, each legal organisation consists of the following departments:
- Sales Department, with a dedicated sales force, relationship management and support roles
- Marketing Department, focused on specific customer needs per product line
- Operations, the contact centre for CardMembers and Merchants
For each legal entity support is given by the following departments:
- Finance Department
- Risk Department
- Compliance Department
- Human Resources Department